Monday, August 10, 2009

I have a HeartSizedCrush...




It's no secret that I have a HeartSizedCrush on Colleen Duffy of Devil Doll. The first time I popped that CD in that a friend gave to me and the sweet sultry voice of Colleen came on singing the tune St. Christopher, I fell head over heels in love. Her music spoke to me in depths and I could feel it in my bones. Her lyrics are easily relatable, and empowering, and make you want to kick some serious ass.




It came as a complete shock to me when last September I recieved a message on Etsy from Colleen herself. The first time we spoke, I was in complete awe that I was speaking to the Devil Doll herself and felt like a star struck bubbling idiot, lol. She is the most down to earth gal ever and so easy to talk to.




A short time later, Colleen asked if I could make her some Devil-Doll necklaces to add to her merch for shows and online. I know it sounds silly, but I feel like if I did nothing else in life, I was a success, because I had the opportunity to make jewelry for my all time, hands down favorite band ever. In December Devil-Doll made their rounds for a show in Denver. I got to meet her and chat, take pics, gets an autograph- the works. It was an amazing night to say the least.




If you have not yet had the chance to check out the musical stylings of Devil Doll, be sure to check her out at http://www.devil-doll.com/ and while you're there- check out the merch section where the Devil-Doll necklace is now available for purchase!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment